Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Always on time

No blog post since Sunday so here is an update. Whew!. It's Wednesday and only half way through the week and I feel like we've been going 90 mph since Sunday. It has all been wonderful! Sunday evening there was a fellowship dinner and Monday was my husband's first day in the office and there was a conference. Tuesday was visitation day & we squeezed in a lunch date (I live for dates with my husband!) Today was a meeting and Wednesday sermon and tomorrow and Friday are still in store.
I wish I could help take some of the load off and get my hands dirty but I work full time. I do have my lunch breaks and currently I watch cooking shows on Netflix as some down time. When I get my bearings it will be used more wisely like calling members to say hi and check in or writing in blank cards encouraging words to someone.
I am so thankful to God that we are here. I still can't believe it. The way God lined every plan and every turn and guarded us when we needed it and it really is awe inspiring.
On the schedule are upcoming meetings and outreach events and counselings and other things for my husband to work on.
We wouldn't have it any other way.
One of the things that we waited for and prayed for so long is here.
Right now.
For the rest of our lives.
God is always on time. I remember reading a Psalm once and I'll leave it here for you to read. If you are struggling and in your season of waiting just know there is always hope and God has a plan for you and is working through your situation.

13:1-6 ESV How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
My heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment