Sunday, August 7, 2016

Today is the day

Today is the day, the long awaited voting day!
Things started out good this morning, got up, got the kids ready, packed the diaper bag, drank coffee and loaded into the car.
Went through the drive thru to get breakfast. Got to the church early for the first time in a long time but when we all got out of the car only 2 pages of a 5 or 6 page sermon was there. No problem! Since we are early I'll just drive back home and get the rest of or reprint the whole document. Then I get stuck by a unmoving train so I turn around and go to the house... the long way. By this time it is 9:35am, no worries I still have time to go around and then get back to the church before church starts. I was beside myself thinking of all of the things that could go wrong today or how it wouldn't go and by this time I've carried maybe 3 times.
Who can I call? Everyone I know that I could call that would pray for me are in church or going through their own life stuff. There has to be someone I can call to talk this out with!
I thought of someone to call but they teach a Sunday school class but I hit the call button anyway. "Please answer, please answer, please, please please" there was finally a sweet hello on the other end!
My immediate question was "did I catch you at a bad time" "I'm just teaching a Sunday school class but we have one child -whats going on?" I immediately thought of everything I wanted to say but I wanted to make it fast so I quickly let go of what I had on my mind and what had happened that morning -the abridged version & this sweet woman prayed for me right then. "Thank you Jesus!"
I did feel better and knew I had more that needed to be done to get back to church on time.
I get to the house and found the rest of the sermon notes just hanging out on the couch. Grabbed the notes, put them in the passenger seat secured by my bag of breakfast -oh boy i haven't even eaten breakfast yet. I then back out of the drive way and then drive back in again..."wait did I lock the door?" I parked the car and then got back out again. The door was securely locked so I went back to the car.
On the road again.  I ate breakfast on the way.
I got back to the church and I gave Jacob his notes and then was able to relax...a bit.
Sunday school  was almost over so I just decided to sit and wait it out. There were others in the sanctuary getting ready for the service. Everyone seemed just as anxious as me except for Jacob, he is always so calm. He's my rock.
As everyone came in after Sunday School they all greeted us and wished me luck for today.
I had a friend that was there for moral support that had been outside of the situation and that was very helpful for me since my husband had to be behind the pulpit. :)
The service started and I was relaxed by the known schedule of the service and it put my mind at ease. After the singing, Jacob started preaching -then I really relaxed. He always preaches from his heart and if God wanted us to be here, we would be here and if my husband was okay and content then so was I.  If the vote was not for us we would have our group that has stuck with us in the good and the bad go with us.
During and after the  sermon on Revelation 5 that was expounded on I really was okay and content. After the altar call Jacob and I stepped out while the vote was going on. I had the chance to see what could be Jacob's office and it is very beautiful. Nice and spacious and own bathroom and just room to really work in.
He said no matter what he was content. I knew he had done everything that thus far God had sent him to do. He has been the fill in pastor for quite some time and we have really grown to love the people and the church and can't wait to reach the neighborhood.
It didn't take long for the minister of music to come back and get us. He was smiling. They said yes. 97.8% yes! We stepped back into the sanctuary and everyone was smiling and then they all clapped.
My husband is now the full time pastor. I am so proud of him. My friend snapped some photos I will cherish. My favorite is of my husband on his knees thanking God for what has taken place.

5 years ago today he came home from Kuwait and touched feet back on American soil. Today he was voted in as full time pastor. We are home and have found our church home. 

Wow.

This is only the beginning, there is so much work to be done but we are ready.
I'm on cloud 9 & thankful to God and I can't wait to see what is next.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. 😇 You have waited on our Lord, and seen what he will do. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. 😇 You have waited on our Lord, and seen what he will do. ❤

    ReplyDelete